Using a blog is a classroom could be very useful. Some ways you could use a blog:
- Provide further assignments for students to work on
- Get students to do their writing assignments in the form of blog posts
- Encourage students to post comments on each others postings
- Use blogs for classroom projects where students can include videos, clips, audio,, text and images
- Use activities, games, puzzles to enrich students learning experiences
- Use blogs to conduct an online survey in relation to your students learning needs. You can also include parents in the surveys.
- Post your classroom guidelines and code of conduct on your classroom blog for students to review
- Publish a list of the objectives ( general as well as specific goals).
- Use a section in your blog for classroom news where to communicate the general classroom news. Work with students to identify the kinds of information they would like to share with their parents, then engage them in writing and posting daily or weekly news updates
- Post weekly challenges such as a riddle or brainteaser that requires your students to think creatively and critically. Ask students to post their answers on the blog then discuss the solutions with the whole class at the end of the week. This will tremendously improve their problem-solving skills
- Use your blog as a communicative tool both with your students and their parents.